Breakfast of Champions
If you don’t already know of my obsession with the Vitamix, you are soon to see why it is simply one of the best inventions ever! I bought this “high tech” blender in preparation for my jaw surgery as I was going to be limited to a liquid, non chewable diet for one month.
Yes, I was scared. But as I soon discovered the endless possibilities of the Vitamix, my fear turned to excitement! The recipe book included everything you can think of — from smoothies, to soups, desserts, dips, black bean burgers, lasagna, and lets not forget cocktails… The cranberry lime sparkle will add a little shine to your night!
As many of us know, breakfast is the most important meal of the day. In honor of one of my own inventions, I’m sharing a quick easy to make smoothy that is sure to pack some protein and flavor, so you can start your day the all American way!
American Pie Smoothie
- Chobani apple flavor yogurt
- One cup of frozen apples
- 5 ice cubes (you can add more or less depending on your desired texture and how well your blender works)
- 1/2 cup of unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 cup of nonfat dry milk powder
- 1 Tbsp of organic peanut butter
- 1 tsp of vanilla
- 1-2 packets of stevia (depends how sweet you like it)
- A dash of cinnamon
Blend together and enjoy! With over 25 grams of protein it’s sure to put some pep in your step!